Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Saturday, November 21, 2015

Finishing Strong and Looking Ahead


If the Good Lord wills it and nothing ridiculously, spectacularly bad occurs-- I will finish my decade in office as an Escambia County School Board Member one year from now on November 21st 2016 at 11:59 PM.

I am going to be running for a different office, the open seat for the District 1 seat on the Escambia Board of County Commissioners, over the next year.  This site, www.jeffbergoshblog.blogspot.com , is my school board blog site--- my election site, www.jeffbergosh.com , is here.  ( in an abundance of caution, I will put my election disclaimer on this blog site---even though it is unaffiliated with my campaign site, starting today)

So several people have asked how I will approach my last year on the school board, and I have given this a good bit of thought.  I'm going to use a track and field analogy to answer this query...  My intention------I'm going to try to finish strong like the guy in the picture above, completing the race and breaking the tape at the finish line in a strong and spirited fashion-winning my race for the commission while finishing strong on the school board simultaneously.

This would be a perfect outcome, one which I will work diligently to achieve.

Here is what I am NOT going to do....I'm NOT going to approach the next year like this, a world record time sprint through the finish line...

I'm definitely NOT going to finish this decade long journey in broke-down fashion  like this....

And I won't arrogantly take the finish for granted, I WILL NOT do this

Here is what I WILL DO:

My intention is to not be a lame-duck (I won't be) and to do my job as a school board member-- right through the end of my time on the board, finishing my time up working closely with whomever my replacement will be.  I'll do this to ensure that there is no break in service and representation at all and a smooth transition for the constituents of district one---kind of like this!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip Hop is a culture that has taken this world by storm.
With numerous performers all attempting to get their speech observed
what would be the best way to go about it. So, you got your drums, you have your samples, and you can play
those keys.

Feel free to surf to my web site; telecharger Booba Nero Nemesis

Jeff Bergosh said...

Anonymous- I prefer Classic Rock and Roll, Alternative, and even some Newer, hipper Alt-Country music. I like Jazz. I even love classical music. I do not much care for "Hip-Hop," Though. Perhaps I'm just a dinosaur who cannot get with the times.....

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1