Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Monday, November 11, 2019

Andy Got Catfished! Marlette Manipulation 22.0

In an unusual twist  and a departure from reality and what typically occurs in real life-- Andy Marlette appears to willingly allow himself to be "Catfished"...luckily the rest of us are not quite as gullible......


Cartoonist Andy Marlette just loves to let me rent space in his head.  It is so funny.  Between his never ending barrage of attacks on Christianity, our President, the First Lady, our Congressman, our State Representatives, Well-established and well-respected local employers, and others that are conservative-he still manages to do cartoon after cartoon about me...One after another.  I'm almost like a "regular" in his rotation, LOL.

Apparently--he also likes to be "Catfished", as evidenced by today's cartoon of me that he did and which I have improved above.

You see, Andy's compromised, conscripted.

He takes money from people and does their ideological  bidding.  He intimates in his cartoon of me today that I do likewise.

Of course, this simply is not true.  I have never taken anything of value, not one thin dime, from International Paper.  Nothing, nada.  What I have done is meet with the experts at FDEP who dispute Andy's propaganda about IP.  Then I met with IP executives and toured their facilities and saw the wetlands firsthand. I requested a tour to learn about what was going on (Something, ironically, that neither the PNJ nor Andy Marlette has requested from IP).  I am paying for independent analysis of water samples from the bay in an attempt to validate the findings.  I look into things and I do research, I do NOT let folks just get over on me--because I am an independent free thinker.....

Sadly, the same thing cannot be said of Andy Marlette.  He takes money from his Patron du jour-whomever that happens to be at any given time--- and allows himself to be used like the tool that he is.  Sound's kinda like the world's second oldest profession.   And Andy really likes it!

Yes--he has already been catfished by whomever his "Patron" Du Jour is today--and maybe he doesn't even realize it?

Yes, yes, anyone who he is told to keep the gloves on with----or who pays him--- and Andy subserviently, obsequiously, and like a good boy does just that.  No cartoons. No dumb articles.  He is very, very obedient.

Everyone else is a target though--particularly if Andy's Patron says so and doesn't like the target.

But here is something for Andy's microscopically small brain to ponder:   What if Andy's Patron du jour is/was the real bad guy, or at a minimum an opportunist and a user--or a fake or a phony?  What


 if Andy's "Patron du Jour" was the real bad actor-- not everyone else Andy makes fun of?  

Too many questions, right?---- Integrity, honesty, and independence--yeah Andy doesn't need this or care about this as long as the money's flowing.  He's mister big shot syndicated cartoonist!  Just ask him and he'll tell you how big and famous and important he is!

(Most people I speak with can't stand Andy--they think he is a tool that should go be famous somewhere else, in some liberal city or Blue state...I tend to agree with the majority of folks locally that believe this of Andy--and maybe some day he will be such a big shot making fun of our religion and politics locally that he will get recruited to go to San Francisco where he will fit right in!)

Now, Andy likes to say about himself, in an awkward attempt to be self-deprecating "I'm just an idiot cartoonist."  And that he certainly is;  If it was just his cartoons, that would almost be bearable. Problem is--- he is so much more, though, with his poorly written "articles."

He insidiously and passive aggressively tries to write his opinion pieces as if they are fact-filled news pieces, complete with regurgitated "data" that is untrue--- sprinkled with his "wit" and "humor" (which isn't even funny), and minus many facts and important details that don't support his "positions."  He is hoping people believe the garbage he writes is actually the truth.  Luckily, most folks do not.  Folks around here don't like their religion being mocked.  They like their guns and religion and their President and Congressman.

So along comes someone like me that does not genuflect to his liberal, garbage and non-factual "pieces"-- and well, you guessed it,   I become a target of opportunity as well!

So in my own small way, on my blog, I push back.

And Andy HATES it.

He cried so loudly when I met with he and his editor recently, that my ears were ringing for hours after I left the room.  "Jeff is taking my cartoons and changing the words around!!!!"  He cried to his boss and editor.  (She looked really annoyed with him, to be honest).  "He can't do this right?" Andy Shrieked like a spoiled child.

So guess what I say to Andy's question?  Yes I can, and yes I will. 

I'll keep pushing back against his BS whenever I want to because:

1.)  I can--it is protected free speech, parody
2.)   I know Andy hates it
3.)   Andy's attacks are ridiculous and deserve to be lampooned
4.)   Conservative people and those in the know pay attention to my rebuttals to his garbage
5.)   I know Andy hates it
6.)   I know Andy hates it

and

7.)  I know Andy hates it

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is part of the coup and so are the people who agree with him.

Anonymous said...

sounds more like he’s living rent-free in your head...and you respond with a childish blog post complete with name-calling?

good come-back, potsie.

Anonymous said...

His use of the communist flag in one of his cartoons with Congressman Gaetz was wrong.

Is he really that stupid?

Actually the communist party is working with in the democratic party. To see people go along with his campaign against the truth is disturbing. Why would anyone employ him unless they are also part of the disinformation campaign to change our government. It's actually subversive and dangerous. It's not funny at all anymore.

Jeff Bergosh said...

Anonymous 6:15 I see your IP address. As ESPN might say "Come On, Man?"

Anyway, as I eloquently, and accurately, described in my post---it is not about the truth anymore in the American Media Complex. It is about who is "protected" and who is "expendable" or worse yet "targeted" So a guy like me who looks into stuff and does his own research is really problematic--especially when my social sites generate thousands of hits per day. So yes, Dandy has more ink and more reach than I do. But his problem is he does NOT have a lock on the market locally--lots of people see what he is, they know he is a fraudulent tool of the Left, and he HATES the fact that I actually have a way to push back, a medium over which he has ZERO sway. Of Course he will have useful idiots that support him and his facebook site, and many ( if not most ) of these useful tools live out of the area and are partisan "D's"--but never mind that inconvenient fact, right? This is a very stark example of why the average American no longer trusts the media complex. Guys like Andy totally and completely destroyed this trust. What a tragedy--thank GOD the people have alternative media to give them the truth, that's all I can say! Thank God!

Anonymous said...

Kukryniksy

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1