Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Monday, December 10, 2018

Tomorrow We Begin the Process of Hiring a New Administrator...What Should the Salary Be?

Peer counties we selected to survey for salary levels are shown above...The average administrator in this survey group is paid in excess of $200,000 yearly.


InWeekly did a piece on this topic last week, and Sunday the PNJ made this a feature article in the local section.

Tomorrow we will begin the process of searching for, selecting, and offering a contract to Jack Brown's replacement.  We will be getting a new County Administrator.

The staff has put together a thorough agenda chock-full of information for tomorrow's special workshop on this topic--for those interested in reviewing this information, it is here

For my part it will be simple.  When we whittle it down to the short list of very well-qualified candidates, I will sit down and speak with each candidate individually, face to face.  I'll want to know about their track record in solving intricate, complex issues.  I'll want to hear about big successes these candidates have achieved.  I'll want to discuss their view on providing leadership and guidance to the board.  These will be essential to my eventual selection, because I am looking for someone who will bring solutions and plans.  It is not good enough to wait and hope that the board will know enough to be able to tackle every job;  this is what we pay the administrator for.  And we will pay them well, because we need a good one.

Tomorrow will be an interesting meeting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far, I trust your judgement more than any of the other members of the BOCC but actually I think EVERYONE will agree the administrator position for the County is crucial. Our hope is built on nothing less. I am not certain but I think the staff has been badgered and put on the spot by one of your colleagues. He or she needs to be nine foot tall and bullet proof. Pay them well.

Anonymous said...

The beginning of wisdom
https://www.myescambia.com/docs/default-source/sharepoint-administration/organizational-chart.pdf

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1