|The folks that believe every outlandish yarn they are told will fall for anything they are spoon fed. Time for some fact checking....|
Some folks on some Facebook chat sites are throwing out fiction as fact. Certain individuals that honestly pay attention should know better...Others that have personal axes to grind with me deliberately indulge fantasies and conspiracy theories about what will happen next on the field. Yawn. One onlooker who has a fascination with spinning tales about me personally has engaged in a campaign of lies and smears about me, topped-off with personal ad hominem attacks on my character. It is sad that some stoop to this level. When confronted with facts that dispute the lies, this individual devolves into the politics of personal destruction.......
But now these folks apparently want to feast on outlandish claims that are being made about what will be happening with OLF 8 now that the county owns this 636 acre parcel of land out in Beulah.
So here with this post I will separate the fact from the fiction, truth from reality. Here are the next steps on what will actually be happening with respect to OLF 8---you can check the record for yourself and take what I am writing below to the bank!
1. As I described in this blog post from November--the BCC voted unanimously to accept and embrace a compromise document that will guide the master planning process that will happen at OLF 8 before full-scale development of this site occurs. (Here is a direct link to that document)
2. At the last BCC meeting, when the discussion of this property took place, the majority of the board (myself included) signaled that the prudent way forward once we acquire this property, is to do the master plan before we submit our final application to triumph for the jobs creation grant. One commissioner signaled his preference to immediately "recapitalize" the "people's money" (i.e. sell the whole thing as fast as possible for as much as possible). That commissioner is alone in this position so far as I can tell from the discussion.
3. Navy Federal and County Officials are still negotiating this week the terms to outline NFCU's commitment to fund the Master Plan for the site, guided by the document the BCC voted to approve and all applicable state and local procurement regulations and laws. It is appearing more and more likely that NFCU will, indeed, fund the master plan.
4. Navy Federal's 100 acre portion of OLF 8 for which they have made an offer and in exchange for the creation of an additional 300 jobs and a market price---may occur before and outside of the master planning process for the rest of the 536 acres remaining on the field.
5. Once a planner is selected, the master planning process will take place and be completed before decisions are made on how many acres of OLF 8 will be left for job creation. Once the plan is complete and voted forward by the BCC and once we know the answer to this question of how much of this field will be available for job creation per the master plan, staff will submit the revised final application to triumph--and development of the field as per the master plan will commence.
These are the FACTS.
Some fiction that has been put out:
---A Giant INDUSTRIAL park is going to be constructed on OLF 8 IMMEDIATELY! (False)
---Jeff Bergosh will single-handedly stop the county from completing the master plan (False)
I voted for the compromise, I will stand by that vote. Anyone that says otherwise is either lying deliberately or they are ignorant of the facts.....