Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Questions Asked--Awaiting Answers: Part II

Legitimate questions regarding policy implementation and policy compliance  deserve timely, complete responses from relevant staff.  Incomplete responses and/or non-answers will only invite more scrutiny and more questions........

I have requested answers to very specific questions about the way our Workplace Harassment Policy was apparently not followed regarding the treatment of an employee of EMS.  Up to this point I have not received complete answers to the seven questions I posed several weeks back----which is unfortunate.  

Eleven days ago I asked for the rest of the questions I posed (regarding the shoddy treatment of an employee of EMS) to be answered or at a minimum what the plan was for me to receive the complete answers.  Disappointingly--we are eleven days on and I've not yet received an email response to this email, below.

"Janice:

I received the package, and I have read the responses you sent to my questions yesterday afternoon.

Several of these answers are not answers. 

Several say, and I’ll paraphrase, “Go as EMS Admin or Go ask Dr. Edler”

Of course I want complete answers to the questions I have posed, and I assume from the answers you and your staff have provided that you don’t know the answers to the questions where you simply answer by saying “Go ask Dr. Edler.”

Am I to assume that you want me to go to Dr. Edler directly to ask these questions, or are you going to ask her?  Or are you going to have staff ask her?

Please let me know your plan for ensuring I have complete answers to all questions that I have posed.

I’m also requesting that discussion of the BCC Workplace Harassment Policy be placed on the agenda for the next BCC meeting for full and complete discussion with my peers and staff.

R/


Jeff Bergosh
Escambia Board of County Commissioners,
District 1
221 Palafox Place Suite 400
Pensacola, FL 32502
850-595-4910 office
850-377-2209 Voicemail
@jeffbergosh"




I did receive confirmation that discussion of the workplace harassment policy will be on the agenda one week from today, which I have requested.  This is good and I look forward to a robust conversation about that......But part two of my email above has not yet been answered.  


Hopefully I will get a complete answer with complete responses to these questions this week at some point.  

If not, during my Friday teleconference with Janice Gilley and Alison Rogers,  I will ask them again.  If they do not have the complete answer (s)--I'll  inform them that there will be an "add-on" discussion item to our next meeting agenda where I will ask relevant staff, publicly, to answer these remaining questions--and I will request relevant and knowledgeable staff to be present at our evening meeting on Tuesday January 7th to do this.  

Hopefully it won't come to that--as that could be a messy discussion.  

No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1