Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Thursday, June 10, 2021

What Could This Mean Though?


 

A fairly short and to the point email was put out by our attorney yesterday afternoon--see it above.  But it stood out to me as the subject of the email is/was a former EMS employee who resigned years ago.

And after this employee left, a series of follow on administrators have characterized what this individual was "alleged" to have done in very, very sinister terms.  I never got into the weeds of what he was accused of doing, as he quit and moved on, and the subsequent charges that were leveled against him continued on in the courts.

So this email notice, here above, came as somewhat of a surprise to me.  Again, when the narrative I got (along the lines of) "Oh man, it's bad.  It's really, really bad.  Oh boy, this is some bad, bad stuff"  is juxtaposed with how the thing actually got resolved----it makes one think that the seriousness of the initial narrative may have been exaggerated?  Or did the prosecution run into a snag?  I mean, how does "the sky is falling--commissioner" turn into two misdemeanor charges (to which "no contest" is pled) and adjudication is subsequently withheld??

Wow.  Wonder if this is the shape of things to come with some other, upcoming high profile cases which I was told were "extremely serious!!"...........guess we will all find out soon enough.



8 comments:

Eric Sharplin said...

I would think back ground test be run. Can employees surveys be taken find out why employees are unhappy I think getting to the source of the problem is the key. Maybe THE Commissioner could set the example For example Commissioner Jeff Bergosh could walk up shake Doug Underhill and say Doug I like you we are gonna be great friends and the next commissioner till you have greeted all four Commissioners
this would happen at the meeting. I think the meeting would be so much more relaxed and show a spirit of unity a happy board

Mel Pino said...

As I said in my comment to the Selover settlement, Commissioner Bergosh, all of the hell of the last two years. For what. And I will make clear again what I have said dozens of times before; I was never advocating for the innocence of all of the people on all of the charges--as I simply couldn't know. They could all be innocent of all of them for what I know. But I have known that some were innocent of some of the charges, and particularly the most serious ones.

I hope people understand that a withheld adjudication means that there is no conviction when adjudication is withheld. As in, no guilty verdict.

https://www.hessingerlaw.com/articles/withhold-of-adjudication-one-free-bite-at-the-ap/

Anonymous said...

I would bet my life savings this news won’t be posted on the pages like ECW because it doesn’t fit Jacqueline Aime Rogers, Janice Giley, Commisioner Underhill’s and his wife’s narrative. Heaven forbid anyone disagree with them even when there’s facts in black and white.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused why the name is blurred out of the email body yet it's in plain view in the subject line.

Anonymous said...

Jeff I am relatively new to this area and am a resident of your district. I find your blog posts extremely hard to follow. I feel like you could be more direct in what you are talking about. Thanks - Bill

Anonymous said...

I think this one may have been held in Bay County, Not certain.

Not sure if you know his name is on this document, blacked out in the body but on the subject

Anonymous said...

No, it was Escambia Court.

Anonymous said...

what's the case number?

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1