Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Friday, May 15, 2015

Newpoint: 1:30 Today is Discussion Time

I have fielded dozens of emails about Newpoint, many of which describe conditions at district schools that hastened a decision to choose Newpoint over traditional schools.

The closure decision will be made Tuesday evening at the Board's regular meeting, but a significant discussion of this issue is slated to occur today at 1:30.  The decision was made to make this a time-certain 1:30 so that once discussion on this item begins, it can continue until completion, for continuity.

I have many questions that I'll be asking.   Many will be uncomfortable yet necessary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will the video of this meeting be online? I am looking forward to viewing it!

Jeff Bergosh said...

The video link is here:

http://escambiacountysdfl.swagit.com/play/05152015-514

Then, go to part VII, 2 of 2. The first 30 minutes is important.

Anonymous said...

Oh my - you said "irregardless." That is not a word. Otherwise, great job!

Jeff Bergosh said...

Anon--thank you for the complement, and you are probably right about my word choice.Irregardless, sometimes I use non-standard English. This article talks about this topic

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathon-owen/yes-irregardless-is-a-wor_b_4434749.html

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1