Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Settlement

The Board of County Commissioners voted Thursday morning, April 26th, unanimously, to approve this settlement with the ECSO for the budget appeal filed by Sheriff Morgan last year.  The slides below go through the salient aspects of this four-year  deal.






I'm proud of the team that negotiated this deal, and I look forward to working cooperatively with the Sheriff's Office going forward to implement it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You like the eighties music..I'm thinking que..Grateful Dead..Trucking..1970

"Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me....
What a long..
Strange trip it's been."


Jeff Bergosh said...

It's been a long, strange trip Anonymous. Glad we got to a point where we could put it to rest. I'm especially grateful to the sheriff for the magnanimous press release on his site that was so focused on knocking down walls and building bridges forward and not assigning blame to anyone for the issues that have transpired previously. As a matter of fact, that release should be the blueprint of how parties should acknowledge and compliment the hard work of all parties once these prickly issues get worked out statewide. I think someone should tell the Governor this. Make it the template! . :)

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1