Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Tuesday, May 23, 2023

No "Upzoning" on Innerarity from One (1) Home to Fifteen (15) Homes Per Lot




Several concerned individuals contacted me with the rumor that a single family lot on Innerarity in District 1 was going to be "upzoned" to allow 15 housed to be built on that one lot.

I knew this wasn't right, so I asked our Development Services Department staff about this.

I was told there was a pre-application submitted about a month ago, but nothing since.  This pre-application was for the utilization of multiple lots, once acquired, to be developed for single family homes not simply one lot.  An LLC has apparently been formed, it is a developer from Perdido Key, and he is acquiring contiguous parcels that once all owned by him, may allow him to develop multiple dwellings under the current zoning (MDR 10 per acre) once he has the property to accommodate the necessary stormwater retention and street requirements.  

But I was also told all of this is under the current zoning and that no upzoning was being requested.

I asked staff if there was any way---even if he assembled multiple lots---to get to 15 homes.

I was told it was doubtful under the current zoning.  The rendering presented does indicate 18 lots over what appears to be multiple existing parcels on both sides of Innerarity Point Road.

No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1