Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Tuesday, July 10, 2018

On AM 1620 FM 92.3 This Morning


I was the guest this morning on AM 1620 FM 92.3 - Pensacola Morning News.

The singular subject was the board's budget meetings this week.
I'm bringing my budget axe to this week's BCC budget hearings...

For my part I simply stated that I will be bringing recommendations for cuts to the budget to prepare for next year's budget shortfall we will experience due to the all but assured passage of Amendment 1 which will cost us $5 Million from our general fund.

I hear people talking about making cuts, I see people online talking about making cuts.  As I said in the interview, I'm not just talking about it or woodpeckering online facebook sites exclaiming what a "super fiscal conservative" I am. 

Actions speak louder than words, and I'm coming to the meetings this week with my budget cutting "Axe."  We will see if the self-proclaimed super-duper conservatives will join me in actually making necessary budget cuts----- or if they simply want to talk about it.....we shall see this week.

Listen to the interview here   starting at 4:40 of the interview is where I talk about cuts...

No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1