Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Wednesday, August 22, 2018

On AM 1620 This Morning



I'll be on the the Pensacola Morning News this morning discussing the canvassing board.

The segment will air at 6:37 and topics of discussion will include:

--what the role of the canvassing board is

--what canvassing board members may or may not do politically

--why I have chosen NOT to resign from this board--but rather I will abstain from participating temporarily pending the disposition of a claim made that I should not participate on this board

--why I believe the claim made against me on this matter is specious and will be dismissed in short order

--why it is perfectly acceptable for me to make a campaign contribution (which I have done for a candidate this cycle that is intelligent, steady, reliable, measured, positive, respectful to students and who has a tremendous resume as a long-serving Federal Government Employee) and why this contribution I have made does not preclude my service on the canvassing board.

--what actively supporting a campaign is under the law

--how "fake" news and inaccurate depictions of events can create these "fake" controversies

--how supporting ballot initiatives/issues ( I support the appointed superintendent of schools issue that will be on the ballot) does NOT preclude my participation on the canvassing board

Listen to the complete interview Here




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Biggie, Good Call

I prefer your Blogs calling out Fakenews anyway!!

Go FOR it!!

Opinions are like ..well you know..we all have them.

Hope you are writing a sequel to the naysayers blog as we speak..



Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1