Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Tuesday, September 14, 2021

On FM 92.3 AM 1620 Later This Morning Discussing A 4-Part Strategy on Fire Funding/Budgeting

I'll be on the radio later this morning discussing public safety.  Last week, I had a coffee with the commissioner event that featured all the players in public safety---EMS chief, Fire Chief, Administrator, and Director of Public Safety.

We covered a lot of ground, and on that podcast I discussed my four part strategy for right-sizing the budgets of EMS, Fire, and Public Safety WITHOUT raising the millage rate.

Andrew McKay asked me to join him later this morning to discuss this four part initiative.

I look forward to doing so at 8:05 this morning.

If I am provided a recording of the interview--I'll post it here.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Thanks for being creative and thinking out of the box perhaps some can be implemented.

2) We still want our volunteer firefighters to have a chance to serve.

3) Still want a MSTU not an MSBU increase.

4) I hope you do get Perdido Key in D1 and take down the No Tresspassing signs on the beach since it was restored post Ivan with FEMA funds.

5) You should not vote to give taxpayer funds to Dosev's folly. He had someone in his camp calling a person racist and something about their mother who is also against this expenditure.
Dosev said he would fund it himself and not ask for taxpayer money in public forum, Now it's up to almost 1M for a statue.

6) Don't raise taxes

7) Don't fall for faulty reasoning by the facebook crowd. They are easily led astray.

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1