Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Thank You District 1!

Thumbs-Up | Building Families for Children

The race for me was long, beginning in March of 2019.  

But it is over as of last night.  

The votes have been counted and the results are in: by 1082 votes and representing nearly an 8-percentage point margin--I was victorious in last night's election.  

I am humbled and extremely thankful that the citizens have re-elected me to another term on the Board of County Commissioners!

First and foremost, I thank God.  I am so blessed and I am thankful to Him!

Next, I am thankful to my family--my wife Sally and our three children Tori, Nick, and Brandon.  I'm thankful for all the support of my brother Gary, my sister-in-law Carissa, my nephews Alex and Ben, and my extended Marsh family in San Diego--Jeff and Gayle, Charlene and Tyler, Matthew and Rachel, Dylan, Jake, Charlie, and Ben.  

There is nobody a candidate leans on more than family--I have a great family, they are supportive, and for this I am thankful.

I am also thankful for the many great friends I have in the community that are always there for me;  It is incredibly difficult to do anything in politics without great friends that are there for you when you need them--and I am blessed to have a great network of friends in District 1 and throughout the county who stepped up, supported this campaign, helped to canvass, wrote checks, posted on social media, placed signs in their yards, and attended campaign events.  It really takes a team to do these campaigns, and I am thankful for the team that stood behind me in this election.

So I am prepared to serve and will serve, if the Good Lord wills it, for the next 4 years and 3 months in this position as we continue to move forward and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic locally. And we have so many ongoing projects that we are working and challenges we will turn into opportunities for our citizens.  I look forward to the years ahead, and  I am so thankful and grateful for the opportunity to serve--thanks to all who have made it possible.

Now, let's get to work together---there is lots to do!


11 comments:

Mel Pino said...

This race can be summed up simply:

the very best person for the job will retain that seat for four more years. And this county is very lucky to have retained your leadership.

Commissioner Bergosh, it's an understatement that we don't always see eye to eye, right? :)

But I have never doubted for a moment the need for your continued efforts on that dais and in our community. This County badly needed stability, knowledge, and integrity in those chairs. We have that with you, Chairman Barry, and Commissioner May back on board.

Now about those masks....

JK. I'll give it a rest for a day.


The people who didn't support you have no idea the bullets they dodged. Jesse Casey is such a nice man, and has a great heart. But he is *not* qualified to be a county commissioner, as his absence from the debates showed. And needless to say Jonathan Owens is not the beacon of integrity he has fooled so many people into thinking he is. Even some of his stalwart supporters had to admit that his performances in the debates revealed that his campaign never really was anything more than "What Doug Says." I guess the voters of District 1 really aren't all that interested in the Perdido Key Master Plan after all. Mr. Trotter seems to be a good person...hopefully he will find a leadership role in the community going forward.

Thank you for your hard work and your service. We are feeling blessed to have four more years of it today.


Yeah!!!!!

Melissa Pino

basha0810 said...

CONGRATS Jeff! Wow. Casey worked really hard to beat you against all odds! I commend him however. What a victory! Keep up the awesome work and God bless you!

Anonymous said...

I did not vote for you in the last election, but I did this time because you proved to me what you can and will do as Commissioner. And I personally believe that Owens was a plant. If he had won, we would have had Underhill 2.0 and Underhill would in reality be calling the shots for Districts 1 and 2.

Anonymous said...

Just keep in mind 60% of people did not vote for you.

Anonymous said...

Be like Abe Lincoln and bring in your Team of Rivals to work with you.

Anonymous said...

Now that the election is over.. No more bullshit.

Anonymous said...

Correction, no more holding back Please. The truth will set us free. In AM. Meeting. All eyes.

Anonymous said...

J'Aimee Blix with her Black Heart went after you savagely in this election. Wow! When she looks for her name in the book of life, all she will find is the millions of words she typed in her vile little blog. Too bad, but her heart is black as midnight, black as pitch. I just remember from her own words on her blog in the past that she would never give you credit for anything, even if it were good. She recently attacked your wife and when called out about her negativity said that you allowing anonymous blogs about her as a reason justifying her attack. Wow! She is an evil Blix. Everyone at her church knows this. When she walks in there, and her congregation sees her, she knows that they all know about her evil works in her blag. Yesterday she was bashing you and someone defended you reminding her you stated everyone needs to be efficient with salaries. She replied about you (and every commissioner) having a secretary and their pay. She knows you do not set that salary, her daughter worked for Doug Underhill, she knows. But the black hearted J'Aimee Blix had to spin this. She is really a terrible person. When she looks in the mirror, I am sure she sees the Blix she is. How can she sleep at night? Stay away from her. Don't let her evil around you.

Anonymous said...

Now can you please do something about the helicopters holding up traffic on blue angel!

Anonymous said...

That is very true about the helicopters landing at West Florida ER on Blue Angel and 98. I live on Blue Angel and almost every morning and evening I get stuck in the long line of traffic being blocked by ECSO and ECFR because of the helicopter landing at the ER. This is almost every day, several times a day and takes at least 30 minutes if not longer each time. Why doesn't the hospital put a landing pad on there property so the helicopter doesn't have to land on Blue Angel and block traffic? Would you look into this PLEASE!! It's been getting more and more frequent. Thank you

Unknown said...

Don't suffer fools' agendas from Santa Rosa county or anywhere else on barrier island sandbars that jeopardizes inland Escambia.. (hurricanes)

No residential on Olf 8.. JOBS!!!

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1