Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Napkin Man Part IV

The infamous "Napkin Man" has struck again, sending me the below screed lionizing soon to be former county commissioner doug underhill.  Interesting what he, napkin man, thinks is a victory--he (napkin man) obviously must not know that currently the soon to be former commissioner is #1.) under threat of removal by the governor any day now, #2.) is defending multiple lawsuits simultaneously ( including one in his state case where he (underhill) was ordered to provide discovery within one week and also to pay all court costs associated with his rejected motion for continuance), #3.) is accruing tens of thousands in ethics fine penalties and legal fees associated with appealing the recent decsion where the non-partisan Florida Commission on Ethics recommended a $35,000.00 fine and his (underhill's) removal from office, and #4.) sweating out also what could be an forthcoming indictment for perjury according to some familiar with the lies he told under oath during a deposition.  Whew--that's a mouthful--but like Vince from Shamwow used to say "But wait, there's more!"   In addition to living in what could be described as a human-sized crucible/pressure cooker turned up to full blast--he also is coming to grips with reality of loss over his epic failures one after another as a commissioner which led to him not bothering to run again--a good decision for him to make.  All of this following his (underhill's) devastatingly lackluster--actually failed-- legacy as a commissioner where he lost all working ability with his peers, lost all his committee assignments, lost most of his district in the latest re-districting, and lost all ability to be effective.  No wonder he decided to blow off so many meetings and leave an empty chair on the dais to represent his constituents?  And to further solidify his legacy of failure--he ran not one but two opponents against another sitting commissioner in 2016 and 2020 where both of those candidates failed in epic fashion--in large part due to his (underhill's) lack of any coattails whatsoever for them to ride.  He actually hurt both of those candidates' chances, LOL.  Now, as he leaves the commission wounded and with a whimper limping out the door, with no fanfare or sendoff whatsoever for his 8 years of failure,  after libeling and slandering his peers on the board, family members of some members of the board (including me, my brother and my wife), average ordinary citizens and even former and current employees of the county--after all of these machinations he, underhill,  (Like Charlie Crist, apparently) even switches party allegiance by supporting a Democrat in the D4 election for the county commissioner!!!  Wow, what a desperado--switching party allegiance after all that failure, an avalanch of failure, in a desperate attempt at renewed relevance.  But then the failure continues:  He chose, unwisely, to publicly support the Democrat over a Republican and he RAILED against the county's very wise EDATE ballot initiative in last night's election.  He even got about a dozen minions on one chat site to support him in this.  Unsuprisingly given his 0 batting average, non-existent ability to lead,  and utter and total legacy of defeat---his (underhill's) advocacy held no weight whatsoever---Robert Bender beat doug underhill's girl #MyraVanWho? by a healthy double digit smackdown, and the county's EDATE sailed to victory by nearly a 10-point margin.  Beat down central.  Ugly beat down of the sort that you see at some football games.

So I say all that to say--I don't know what weird metaverse reality in which "napkin-man" resides--and I don't know what he considers a brilliant victory--but he (napkin man) is either delusional, off his meds, or hallucinating and  very badly mistaken if he somehow thinks underhill was a victor in any way whatsoever.  As Private Hudson stated bluntly in Aliens and might point out to "napkin man" "I don't know if you are keeping up with current events pal--but he just got his A$$ kicked in there!

"Napkin -man must also think Monty Python's flesh wound = a victory.

Napkin man is a strange bird......I hope he keeps sending me his thoughts.  They are amusing.  I wonder if napkin man's real fake identity is Tallman?



9 comments:

Melissa Pino said...

Me: "I think that's about a wrap on all the crazies this round."
Mike "You got another unmarked letter from the anonymous geezer."

Poor Octo Epistolarian! Mine was short and sweet this time--old guy must have been worn out from ripping the scratch paper on two sides. Still enough text though, God love him, for his signature gaffes.
------------
Ha! Ha!
Joke's on you!
Underhill _survived_ the _Stall tactic_ of
not being removed .
He has great Courage
+ discipline --that
most people lack--
Shame on the BBC
Joke's on them too!
---------------
It actually warms my heart that he can still get a kick out of something while killing time in his dotage. At least he has old age to blame on being so confused. We should all hope we still manage to give a crap at his age.

Anonymous said...

Does posting on your blog all of Underhill's personal problems serve the citizens of this county? No, it does not. The only thing it shows is your childish nature and jealousy that through everything Underhill is still popular and liked and you are not. If you would stop being a condescending jerk that makes personal attacks against everyone that disagrees with your decisions you may be somewhat tolerable.

Anonymous said...

Napkin Man Rocks.

Maybe we should all look in the mirror and do an audit and ask ourselves. Am I being an Asshole? And if you find yourself grinning and have that chuckle in your throat and saying "Yes I am." "But Imma a bigger Ahole than so and so...

Maybe it is time to step back ... read a little over the holidays. I could recommend a title.

The Asshole Survival Guide,
By Robert Sutton.

I just read an exerpt on Amazon, but you get the idea.

Because ultimately we have to live with the consequences of our own thoughts words and deeds.

Napkin man may have called it. Ron DeSanctimonius is probably plotting his next move and not interested in a lowly CC.

Whatever.



Anonymous said...

https://www.vox.com/conversations/2017/9/26/16345476/stanford-psychologist-art-of-avoiding-assholes

Jeff Bergosh said...

Napkin Man is smoking crack if he honestly believes his drivel. I'd be highly suspicious of anyone that agrees with him. That's my opinion and folks are free to disagree. But to anonymous 2:24 and 3:16--Let me explain something to you both. I do not do "childish attacks" on anyone. But I do defend myself, my familiy, my counterparts on the board, and my opinions on this blog--particularly when someone unleashes an unnecessary ad hominem attack. That happens a lot, too. And posting the truth about the soon to be former commissioner in the face of his lies and slanders and ad hominems hurled against me, my brother, and my wife and the other commissioners (not to mention average, ordinary citizens) is in no way jealousy or anything like that. The fact that he apparently has some ardent, strident supporters ( a couple of dozen, maybe ) means nothing at all to me. And to your assertion that he is "popular" and I "am not", I'd simply say this: I've won my last 6 contested elections by large percentage point and vote margins, that means something. My townhalls have hundreds of attendees, his have handfulls. He can't get ANYTHING over the line with three votes whereas I work well with my counterparts and get projects funded and moving, and staff detests him, whereas I hear from staff they appreciate my approach to working with them (i.e unlike Underhill I never berate them publicly and I certainly NEVER threaten them or attempt to intimidate them). So be carefull when translating one hack radio host's support and a couple of dozen malcontents from a few online chat sites as his being "popular". If that is your definition of "popular" I don't know many who would want that sort of popularity--outside of Jim Jones, Sum Yung Moon, or Marshall Applewhite. This guy Underhill--barely sqeaked by in his last election by 200 votes. He also knows he would have lost had he run again--and therefore he's hanging it up voluntarily if not removed from office before that time. Not to mention the fact that he is the one commissioner in Escambia County with the dubious distinction of having more ethics complaints, sustained violations of ethics statutes, the most federal and state lawsuits, censures, and citizen complaints than any other commissioner in the history of this county and the Panhandle. Yeah, if that is popularity--I don't want that kind of popularity, thank you very much. I'll gladly take my record of continuing to work hard for citizens, getting projects moving forward, and crushing elections while productively working with citizens and staff members to keep this county moving in the right direction. Maybe what I am doing with those things doesn't make me popular--but dangit I like it and I sleep like a rock at night. Finally--stay tuned after the 22nd (or sooner if folks do what they should) and you will see a LOT LESS drama on the board. No, you are about to see five men working very well together for the betterment of this community, that's what's coming! :) But until then, I'll stay on guard against his and his minion accolyte's attacks launched at me via anonymous comments on this blog. Those sorts of attacks, I predict, will diminsh significantly in the months to come as that individual disappears into obscurity and irrelevance. That's coming, and that will be fantastic.

Jeff Bergosh said...

1132--Put down the rock pipe and pay attention. I'll even repeat it slowly for you. I tell the truth about Doug Underhill when he lies about me, my family, my peers and citizens. That's it, nothing more or less. I know that really lathers folks like you into an apoplectic fit--but that's the reality of the situation. I know you carry his water like a sycophant--but don't be such a rube that you refuse to accept the reality of the situation. Google his name, man. "Doug Underhill Pensacola" hit the news filter, and read the record. Do similarly with my name. I don't need to do a damn thing to tear him down nor build myself up. The record(s) speak for themselves. That's why he is leaving under a cloud of ethics complaints, suspicions, and lawsuits, and I am gearing up for another run stronger than I have ever been. I've lived under a microscope of scrutiny as an elected official in Florida, filing ethics forms and putting my financial information out along with my home address, for the last 16 years. Not one ethics complaint ever against me, not one. I'm a boy scout. Your guy--well let's just say its been lawsuits, censures, ethics complaints and citizen complaints one after another--a total circus of the most embarrassing variety ever witnessed locally. And about the election: Pay attention to reality please. The last time I had a straight up 1 on 1 election I won 69%-31%. The last election, I won by an 8% margin and over 1100 votes. I know you have a hard time accepting that, but that is the factual reality of what has happened. 5 in a row, and another one coming in 2024. That's the way this works. Now, don't waste your day banging away at the keyboard in a dark room with a foil hat. Get out and enjoy our 80 degree weather, go watch the Veteran's Day parade or watch the air show. So much to do, and you bang away at your keyboard with garbage insinuations and accusations instead of living a life. Very sad --indeed---but hey this is America and you can do what you want. Try and dump lies on my blog site though, and you will get called out.

Anonymous said...

I was tongue in cheek, really about saying Napkin man rocks, Yes most is drivel. I have a soft spot for the old cursive writing.

However, I don't see an EO on FLgov, and the other national election circus, which is beyond this article is a bit befuddled. I hope Trump gets behind DeSantis and doesn't try to run in 2024. The name was a little funny after the "on the 8th day God created a fighter"... Ad. So we will see what happens.

So I'm not so sure the Governor is going to remove Underhill,this late in the season. IDK.

Have a good day.
Thanks for the blogs and comment section.

Anonymous said...

Commissioner, you get more and more aggressive when your nerves get touched and fail to look to accept what has been said to you. I haven't seen a thing Underhill has said about you for at least a month yet you find it necessary to bring him up and trash him. It's a one-person fight. You do it on this blog and from the dais. Come 2024 if you decide to run again Underhill will not be on the ballot. Running on his reputation won't help you. Trying to insult me won't help you. Insulting anyone that publically disagrees with you won't help. Try acting like this on camera at meetings and see how far it gets you. Learning to take a little criticism and humility just might give you hand but just like Underhill, you'll never change. And yes the Blue Angels look great today as I can see them outside my window.

Jeff Bergosh said...

2:38-- You mischaracterize my reaction (s)--I'd supsect purposely. Yes,I respond to falsehoods spoken about me on this blog, and yes, I will certainly defend myself on this forum when folks attack me--which happens frequently when folks disagree and then invariably resort to ad-hominems when I do not acquiesce to their opinions. Then come the attacks. But here is the thing: Just because I am an elected official doesn't mean I'll allow myself to be your (or anyone elses) punching bag or human pinata on this site. If you want to take shots at me, and I'm sure you do and have, then scurry back to the facebook chat site with 10 or 11 other Doug worshipers who live to do this as I am the landlord over lots of space in their collective heads, LOL. So go do that there and you'll never see me on that site, ever. But, when folks come on here spouting BS garbage lies and attacks, they'll get called out quick. That said--here's what I don't do: I don't "insult" folks who simply disagree with me. Look through the last 14 years of this blog's archives and all the conversations in the posts and comments. We have had robust conversations and many disagreements that actually are productive and do not end up devolving into ad hominems. And here are a couple of newsflashes for your edification: I am running in 2024--I've already pre-filed. That's #1. #2 is just because you're not aware or haven't seen any attacks on me, my family, and my peers by Underhill and his band of minions in "about a month" doesn't mean they haven't happened and furthermore his attacks, lies, slanders and libels against me are documented and numerous---so don't be so gullible to endorse/condone the behaviour of someone who throws rocks and hides his hands. Another newsflash--constructive criticism is something I get all the time, and I do learn from it. Remember this --everything I have stated about Doug is a fact and the things he says about me and my brother and my wife are lies. You seem like a person with a modicum of intelligence, so do some basic research to fact check me and come back and report what you find. Otherwise, you are just another sycophant carrying your hero's (Doug Underhill) water for him, which I suspect is what your really are. Prove me wrong.

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1