Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Monday, August 7, 2023

On 1370 WCOA's Real News with Rick Outzen Later this Morning....



I've been asked to be the leadoff guest on the area's best, most accurate, trusted and listened-to morning drive news program "Real News with Rick Outzen" at 7:00 AM.

This morning we will discuss the breaking news on the investigation into the inappropriate, potentially unlawful downloading of confidential, privileged, personal text messages from the county's server and the subsequent unlawful, inappropriate dissemination of this confidential, personal, private information to others by former commissioner Doug Underhill's then secretary.

In addition to this, we will discuss the Perdido Key roundabout, OLF 8 and other issues of interest from last week.

3 comments:

Steven Bursey said...

I was just curious if there are any county related business text on the thumb drive you would be embarrassed or would rather no one see ?

Jeff Bergosh said...

Steven Bursey--very little of what is in my file download from my personal phone is a public record. Perhaps maybe 10-15% tops. The balance is either business unrelated to county issues and/or personal communications with with my children and wife for example. Sports chats with friends. Lots of personal information--SS numbers, credit card numbers, alarm codes, passwords, medical items from multiple persons including a former staff member and friend. Conversations between me and one of my best friends from his hospital bed when he was dying from COVID. Conversations with multiple lawyers protected by an attorney client privilege. No, I'm not embarrassed about anything I have done or any public record that might be on my personal phone. What I am is DISGUSTED that someone would take that confidential, personal, priviledged information------ steal that information--because I believe that is what happened and is what is being investigated right now--and then for that person to act as if it was perectly fine to act giddy over having it, proudly proclaiming he has read it all, and then subsequently disseminating it to multiple persons, entities, etc. Not embarrassed about anything I did, disgusted about the purient, deviant, dishonest and soul-less individual who would get his jollies reading my personal, private communications with family, childern, nephews and close friends. Since you asked......Make no mistake--this is not about any lawsuit it is about the crime that was committed when my information was stolen.

Anonymous said...

Outzen isn’t even number one in his own lame best of rankings. 😂😂😂😂

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1