Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Thursday, August 31, 2023

D1 Perdido Town Hall Monday, September 18th


I'll be hosting a town-hall meeting in Perdido on Monday, September 18th at 6:00 PM.

I have not yet selected and booked a venue, but I will this week and will announce it via a press release from the county's CMR department.

As I typically do, I will request relevant staff be present to discuss the wide ranging issues of concern for the folks that live and work in this area of District 1.  And I am open to adding topics as well, so anyone who would like to have focused discussions added to the agenda can offer such ideas by emailing them to District1@myescambia.com or by calling me directly at 850-293-1459.

Some initial topics of consideration/discussion at the town hall:

--Traffic and the Roundabout, including the recent study of it's performance and potential improvements

--Growth Management and better notification of residents prior to large developments being approved

--the timeline for completion of the multi-use path

--Homelessness and the implications on the community and how the county is working to address this issue

--creating more parking at the access points and providing additional access

--beach safety

--litter and roadway refuse collection

--Incorporation questions 

I'll also invite my counterpart elected officials from the State, ECUA, and School Board to attend and bring relevant updates.

More information to come shortly.

3 comments:

CP said...

Understand elected officials have to remain neutral on the Perdido Inc issue. Disclosure, there is a growing grass roots movement against it. Interesting that in the Inc feasibility study it’s stated by their own consultant, that they don’t meet the statutory resident per acre requirement and are seeking a waiver. Buried on page 25. Perhaps why the last minute jump of Blue Angel, just speculating.

Jeff Bergosh said...

CP--I had the chance to dowload and read the study yesterday afternoon. What you mention about the density was an issue that I saw early on in the planning of this initiative, and I even brought it up on a previous blog post on this topic. I have also discussed this with members of the legislative delegation who expressed concern over this; I was told by one that support for the incorporation was contingent on the study area "meeting the statutory requirement"--so it will be interesting to watch if a waiver will be sought to frustrate the legislative intent on density. I'm zeroing in on the budgetary portions of the document now, and I will say there seems to be a disparity between what Lynn Tipton from the league of cities stated when I spoke to her multiple times about this issue and what is presented in the study with respect to what the new city has to do and the amount of revenue they must raise BEFORE they can tap into state shared revenue. So I will speak with Lynn between now and the town hall and be prepared to answer any questions put to me by citizens at that time on this topic (and any other). I hope you can attend. Monday, September 18th 6:00 PM

CP said...

Thanks for info

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1