Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following :








Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Thank you District 1 for the Honor and Privilege of a Lifetime: Serving You for 18 Years.



Last night's election was not the outcome I had anticipated or hoped for, but the voters have spoken in District 1 and have chosen new leadership and direction for this district. I thank God for his grace and love, I thank my wife Sally and my entire family for their support over the last 18 years I have served in office locally. I also want to thank the countless friends and supporters I have been fortunate to know over that same time period who have propelled me into office multiple times over. And finally, I want to thank the citizens of District 1 for giving me the honor and privilege of a lifetime--the opportunity to serve you two terms as your school board member and two terms as your County Commissioner. I will always look fondly on the many good and positive achievements that were realized in these years in both the school district and in the county. Last night, shortly after the returns came in, I called and spoke to the victor in this contest, Steve Stroberger. I congratulated him on his win and I ensured him that I would work with him to provide for a smooth, seamless transfer of this office in November. Thank you to everyone and I am remain hopeful, optimistic, and bullish on the future of this great community!

3 comments:

Mel Pino said...

No other commissioner could come close to stacking up the list of big block accomplishments you got done in two terms, Commissioner Bergosh. You have been one of the most effective commissioners in terms of projects and accomplishments that Escambia has ever seen. So many people in this community understand that your determination, focus, and ability through the last eight hectic years are leaving your district and the County as a whole far better than it would have been under anyone else's tenure. I will always be so proud of being able to achieve some really great things working with you. Ain't nobody that can ever take that away.

NotDoug said...

Full-discolusre- I'm a democrat who wasn't able to vote in the D1 election. I come to this blog often for information about public events, initiatives, area development, and your general take on local goings-on. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I REALLY don't, but that being said, I'd like to convey my heartfelt thanks for all of your years of service. I found you to be approachable, an engaging speaker, a talented writer, and bright. I will miss your coffees with the commissioner and town halls. I'm hoping the results of this election don't end up being a "careful what you wish for" scenario, but only time will tell. I wish you- and Mr. Stroberger, as well- the best, in all things.

BellviewRes said...

I agree Pino & NotDoug 100%. I'M a Democrat to and could not vote but would have voted for you again Commissioner Bergosh had you won the primary. Thanks for your service. Best wishes to you and yours.