Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting for the New Bear Jones More Reeves Science, Center for Math and Advanced Technology Building at PSC



I was invited to attend the grand opening of a brand new facility at Pensacola State College yesterday morning.  The new facility, named the Bear, Jones, Moore, Reves Center for Math and Advanced Technology Building, was completed and opened recently after having been funded by multiple sources to include Escambia County, Pensacola, Santa Rosa County, and the generous families for which this facility was named.

President Ed Meadows gave remarks, as did Mayor DC Reeves and the families that contributed toward the costs of constructing this facility.

Although he could not be present due to illness, State Senator Doug Broxson was represented by Hal George, who gave remarks.

Dr. Meadows profusely thanked the Senator for his support of the funding of this facility.  "Without the support of Senator Broxson in Tallahassee, we would not be standing here today" he stated

I had planned to sit in the back and just listen and watch the speakers, little did I know I was on the program to give remarks.




But I was appreciative of the opportunity to spotlight just what a great asset PSC is to our community and how I went, initially, to PJC to start my college career.  I also pointed out that two of my three children as well as my brother all got their AA degrees from PSC.

"This college is the launch pad for many citizens in our county, and one of the greatest attributes of this facility is the low cost tuition.  If a student works hard, he/she can attend and pay as they go, graduating debt-free" I commented.


I thanked everyone that contributed, and also Dr. Meadows and the board of trustees for their leadership in getting this facility funded, designed, and constructed so that it can serve this community's students for decades to come.

No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1