Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Congratulations to the Winners of Tonight's Race for the BCC


Tonight we see the results of the primary election and the makeup of the Board of County Commissioners is going to change for the next two years.

We will have one new member, Robert Bender, who won a plurality of the votes in a tough 6-man race in the Republican primary and who is all but assured a win against a write-in opponent in November. 

I offered my congratulations to him on his victory this evening.

In the District 2  Republican Primary-Doug Underhill emerged victorious in a very tough race against challenger Alan McMillan. 

I offered my congratulations to Doug in a phone call this evening. Next he will face Democrat challenger Scott Trotter in the general election in November.

 I offer my congratulations to all the winners in all the races tonight-- and I look forward to continuing to work with my counterparts on this board--whomever they may be--for the citizens and the taxpayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice words. Hopefully the victors will be humble in their service.

Anonymous said...

Classy. Next !!

Anonymous said...

The commission race in D2 was very close with only 211 votes separating the incumbent and challenger. It seems the D2 race is always a nail-biter. The D4 race had 6 people and the winner had a margin of almost 700 votes.

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1