Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Saturday, August 3, 2019

Better Cartoons Lately in the PNJ?

I noticed this past week that several of the cartoons in the PNJ WERE NOT blatantly anti-Republican, anti-conservative.

I could hardly believe my eyes when the one from Friday had Democrat Jerry Nadler at the wheel of a sinking ship called the USS Impeachment!  It was really great, really refreshing to see some humor applied to the other side of the aisle as compared to the constant, never-ending barrage of anti-Republican, anti-Conservative cartoons we typically have to endure over and over in the PNJ.....

I certainly hope these new more balanced and moderate cartoonists get on a regular rotation in the PNJ.  Maybe this is because of the merger between Gannett and GateHouse Media?  Who knows?

But I did want the PNJ editorial board to know I appreciated the new flavor of cartoon--so I sent them an email of encouragement!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, Andy will put you in another cartoon. But, I’m sure you’re ready to turn it on him. The PNJ should hire you for cartoon ideas, maybe they could turn you into a liberal Democrat.

Anonymous said...

I heard he was on paternity leave.

Jeff Bergosh said...

Anonymous 9:11--that will never happen, I've been a conservative my whole life, registered Republican when I turned 18 and never "switched" for convenience--even as I spent many years living in California in a "Blue" State. Others who were lifelong Democrats locally switch for convenience or to run for office (one in particular switched in 2004 to run in a 2008 race) and claim to be conservatives--however they are not, and the ones who actually win never govern like conservatives. But I digress. But just as I thought they would actually try to be more balanced, I see yesterday they target Republican Senate President Mitch McConnell, and today they hit the Trump supporters again in the Sunday version of their cartoon. Oh well, more of the same. And, they ALWAYS have room for the liberal syndicated columns on their big readership day, today's Sunday edition. Oh yes, got to make room for "Cynthia Tucker" today. But the rest of the country is reading Walter William's syndicated column today, because it is sent out so papers can print it in the Sunday editions--PNJ conveniently holds this conservative column out for their (no readership) Monday edition...See how that works? Same game and same social engineering......But at least they had a few cartoons this past week taking shots at liberals...I guess it is something right?

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1