Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Friday, September 4, 2020

Thank you Beulah!

With the release today of precinct by precinct data by the SOE's site--it is now official--Bergosh won Beulah.  Both of Beulah's precincts!

There were lots of conversations, there was lots of speculation.

Some online haters on online chat sites that are actually simply echo chambers of hate were CONVINCED that my victory was somehow illegitimate.  

Many of these folks were just sure that Beulah--the community where I have lived for the last 16 years, the community where I raised my family and sent all my kids to Beulah Elementary School, the community where I have lots of friends,  the community my opponents PLASTERED with signs----was going to vote me out.  This will sure rattle their collective cages and give them fits, what I'm about to point out to these haters that were convinced I couldn't carry my own back yard.  They were just sure of it as they talked online.  Sure of it!!!!

And then along comes the primary breakdown and lo and behold--what do you know.

I carried Beulah's precincts, both of them (43 and 114)

Thank you Beulah!

Not only that, but I carried every precinct in District 1 with only two exceptions (26 and 86)--Bellview area.

So yes it may be true that more than 2/3 of registered voters did not vote in this election.

Yes it is true that I did not get 50% of the votes from the less than 1/3 of District 1 voters that participated.

But here is a newsflash for all haters:  I won.  Hands down.

Just look at the precinct by precinct numbers.  There was an election.  There were four competitors.  I received the most votes.  I won by nearly an 1100 vote margin.  

Attention all haters that hate me and consistently underestimate me:  I'll be here for the next 50 months!  and in 4 years and 2 months (50 months) we can run it again if you want!

Until then, I'll keep working--you keep hating!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jobs on OLF 8 commerce park! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEHtfdGElKo

Jeff Bergosh said...

Yes---Jobs on the park, along with some amenities for the nearby residents. But no, we do not need 1900 residential units to be constructed on that field. No way! Let's put it bluntly. Even my most vituperative Beulah resident critics, the ones who absolutely HATE me and adamantly supported my opponents in 2016 and 2020----a majority of them AGREE with me in that we have TOO MUCH residential being built out here already-----and it is outpacing our infrastructure's ability to keep up. So them, plus me, plus my peers on the board don't want it= they better come with a better plan than that! And don't get me started about this consultant's RIDICULOUS idea about a high rise HOTEL on the front of the field. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!?? So yeah, they kind of got taken to the woodshed. Hopefully they will now hear from residents and listen to what the residents of the ENTIRE county that paid for this land want and expect from the $18 Million we all spent to acquire it. (HINT: NO more residential)

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1