Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Thursday, September 20, 2018

3 New Plans will be Discussed to #OpenOurBeach

Last month we decided we would wait until after the primary election to pick up the discussion about opening up our 300' of  Gulf-Front property in Perdido Key for public access.

We were supposed to discuss a "Chevy and Cadillac" option for opening the beach this month.

But staff ran into delays and there were some unexpected issues that came up--namely a requirement that a full-sized fire truck be able to turn completely around within the footprint of the parking area due to the distance from the main road.

So this threw the original designs out the window.

But the BCC will be discussing three new potential options for opening this property up at October's Committee of the Whole.

Two of these three options were developed by staff, and the third one was submitted by a citizen.  Each have certain pluses and minuses.  I like all three but the price tag and number of spaces provided via Option 2 make it my initial favorite choice.  We will see what the full board thinks.  See all three options below




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I (and many others) would love to know the REAL reason Doug Underhill is so adamently opposed to opening this property to the public.

Is it about permits? Is he hoarding the access so to help out his condo buddies? Has he got treasure buried there?

You sit on the dais with him, what's the story?

Unknown said...

Lol

Michael McCormack said...

Commissioner, I am curious about the Fire Marshall requiring the 70 ft. turnaround. Can you find out what code it is exactly that he is referring to and where an ordinary citizen, like myself, can find it? I would like to read this for myself, please.

Anonymous said...

^Seriously, does anyone have an answer to that?

Anonymous said...

OK, think about it..wouldn't you like to keep your own beach also? "If I'm elected, I'll make this public spot be forgotten so I can ease down and enjoy my paradise in private" Duh.



Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1