Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Wednesday, January 15, 2020

PNJ Won't Even Acknowledge My Email--Meaning They Won't Print this Rebuttal

I sent this email to the PNJ editorial team Monday Evening in response to their Sunday editorial that was a complete hatchet piece on three of the commissioners--as of today no response at all, no acknowledgment that I even sent it.  It doesn't surprise me, I did not think they would print it......


Attached to this email I sent them, above, was this 600 page rebuttal, below, to Sunday's Editorial.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well perhaps the word is getting out to come here for the truth.
Quint Studer on the CC line noted ;)
I do like his management style articles.
Too much conflict is dysfunction.

Anonymous said...

Owens posted that PNJ on his campaign fb page and people run to it. Seems unfortunately people react to social media propaganda rather than what happens in meetings. Gullible they are.

Anonymous said...

Yes the Editorial Board seems to be kissing up to Underhill and Escambia Citizens Watch. They fail to report Underhill voted to allow a cheaper OPT OUT of the sector plan with all of you. Boy that burned Mrs. Rogers butt I betcha. I think Underhill was trying to get you all to vote to pay his legal fees that day if I'm not mistaken Barry brought that as an Add on after a marathon meeting and you all voted for it and also voted to give Century chamber of commerce money to North Escambia -- how convenient during an election cycle. You were like "whatever you want..I've got to go"

Studer seems to be tongue in cheek siding with Gilley in his management articles and talking about the county in a veiled way.


So yes they are controlling the story toward that leaning...

Have to agree with some of it though.

Politics.

Yes people are watching.

Anonymous said...

They haven't covered that Edler dropped the case on Pino and that Selover has filed a suit, nor that the Medical director put in a demand for 100K taxpayer funds.

Jeff Bergosh said...

They are being very selective in what they are covering, which is very interesting. They obviously were leaked a document they should not have, PNJ called me Friday about that....no story. Good--that information is classified and should not have been released to them, and that's what I told their reporter. But even still, I got the eerie sense that a story was surely imminent. But then it was apparently embargoed....wonder who shut it down, and why? I am told on good authority that Jim Little was provided a copy of the complaint against the county for Selover's case. Wonder if that document got the powers that be thinking at the PNJ. No mention of that complaint either. Maybe they are realizing they jumped the gun when they attempted to chastise me in their garbage pile, rubbish editorial from a week ago Sunday. If they read the complaint in the Selover case-----------I believe they will see why I was so animated in my request for a policy change to prevent this from happening. Uh oh--maybe PNJ realizes that I was right in my outrage and that looking at that complaint side by side with their "editorial" makes them look stupid, foolish, rash, and definitely without question on the WRONG SIDE of the issue? Too many questions and the silence from them is deafening..

Anonymous said...

The clerk of court has not posted the complaint. What are they waiting for? They posted the cover letter as a public record not the complaint. Is it a secret?

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1