Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Saturday, June 13, 2020

What's Important in Escambia County over the Next 4 Years?



As most everyone now knows, I am in a re-election campaign for my office as your District 1 County Commissioner.  This is not my campaign site, but from time to time over the next 65 days until the primary election on August 18th I will be talking politics here and I'll be talking about my campaign.

So I have posted the required disclaimer on this site now (below), and also on this particular post.

You see, unlike any previous campaign I or any one of us has ever been through--this time we all have a common enemy in COVID-19 that is inhibiting our ability to go door to door safely to meet you, the constituents of District 1.  This virus and this pandemic is changing our campaigns and our communities (economically, financially and from a community health perspective)--so we all have to adapt.

Part of this adaptation means communicating more online through social media in whatever outlets each of us candidates has at our disposal.

I have maintained this blog for more than 12 years, and I have cultivated a modest audience of local residents who come frequently to this page for information and for topics I present here.  Today, the topic I present is a plan.  A plan for the next four years in Escambia County--a plan I developed based upon input I have received from you, my constituents, over the last three and a half years as your county commissioner.  It is based upon four specific elements that I believe are critical to our area, particularly in the wake of this Coronavirus Pandemic.

The Economy/Jobs

Infrastructure/Public Safety

Transparent Governance

Quality of Life/Quality of Place

I intend to work, as much as any one individual county commissioner can, on implementing the specific points I make in this document if I am so fortunate to be re-elected on August 18th in the primary election.  I feel good about my prospects in this election, I do believe I will win and that is what the polls I have run thus far indicate--however I take nothing for granted and I will campaign diligently through the finish line in this campaign---just as I've done in my previous elections. 

As always, I am open to any critique of this plan, and I am always open to adding to it as conditions change.   Meanwhile, I present my plan here for your review--thanks in advance for taking a look at it!




Political Advertisement paid for and approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link and thoughts. You are the best!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing every election cycle all of the promises politicians make to get reelected. Let take a look at what you HAVE done:
EMS employees are allowed to go straight to you when they feel like they've been wronge . But why would they pick you? Maybe because of your vocal criticisms of the current Medical Directo .
You landed a land swap with the Navy for OLF 8, just to spend $1.5 million more on a fire station that was already budgeted, in a spot the citizens had to pay for, to a board of firefighters, for land that has to be remediated.
You have vocalized strong disdain for the "overpaid" firefighters that "just want to be paid like LA and New York." You set your sights on Beulah, but have abandoned the citizens in Paradise Beach once their station closed. Your answer was a Mutual Aid agreement with another volunteer departmen . Maybe you should have checked why the initial mutual aid agreement was broken to begin with.

You claim Public Safety is at the top concern of you top 4 items, but your trackchiatory has proven otherwis .

Anonymous said...

The leaders in Escambia need to take a stand and say they support Law Enforcement. Enough Pandering.

Our police and sheriff department and public safety need outspoken positive support and soon.

Anonymous said...

Are you all going to cave into Black Life Matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aQ02YX7qo&feature=youtu.be

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this place of free speech in Escambia. Citizens are being mobbed and doxxed for their opinions on social media if they disagree with the Black Identity extremists and push to dismantle law and order, they are being mobbed and threatened with the false label of racism.

Anyone supporting what has gone on in our country, as far as the last few days and disrespect for our government and the peaceful transfer of power since 2016 is irredeemable. Markism has burst through the door and made it's unmistakable appearance. Mayor is reacting appropriately so far by appointing a CATF. True some may not know what they espouse and be innocently caught up but others have shown themselves and their true agenda. https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/greg-gutfeld-narratives-madness

Anonymous said...

We are living in a dangerous moment in time https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-black-lives-matter-dangerous-moment

Anonymous said...

Well, I see Underhand/Owenhill Mini me apparently didn't waste the public forum 8/7 prior to the election to send in the union FF with the Underhand "keep the Beach Access 4 private" cheerleaders on ECW.

Just a handful in the scheme of things.
Maybe a new blog is in order for the rest of us..

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1