Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Inside the DPZ Co-Design Emails and Text Messages, Part III: Secret Weapon?

Yet another recent, disappointing example of the BCC's consultant, DPZ Co-Design, working behind the scenes against their client the County....


Late last year and early this year, my neighborhood HOA president began, through our HOA, emailing residents in my subdivision "information" about OLF-8.  And a lot of it was misinformation/disinformation from some small groups (Not DPZ) that don't want commerce on OLF-8.  I didn't think much of it at the time, but I did respond to it.  I even did a series of posts about it--because I felt it was really outlandish and the information was propaganda! (plus, this was before the embarrassing DPZ email issues were made public by Rick Outzen and the other media outlets, illustrating NFCU's involvement-so I still thought, naively, that DPZ was working with us, not against us.)

Fast forward a few months and now the pieces are coming together.

Now that I am receiving DPZ Co-Design's recent batch of emails-- I realize why me and my neighborhood  were being targeted.  According to the emails in the latest batch, an employee of DPZ's subcontractor Impact Campaigns indicated she had an "uncle" that lives in my neighborhood.  In emails only circulated within the DPZ team (County project managers excluded), this was described as Brooke's "secret weapon."  In August the DPZ team was conducting extensive outreach to many of the neighborhoods.  No harm in that, right?  

But in the winter, some groups with which DPZ had been communicating (NFCU/Beulah Coalition, No Commerce Park on OLF-8) began openly advocating, via email, against any commerce at all on the field--in direct contravention to what their client, the BCC, had identified as one of the client's top goals with this property.  Not only that, these emails were full of inaccuracies and outright lies!

My response to my neighbors, via email, apparently made its way back to DPZ through one of these "other" entities, at which point the DPZ team apparently relished, and shared, the strife they felt they had created between my neighbors and myself, as the sitting county commissioner that represents that neighborhood. (Again, county staffers apparently were left out of this operation and not copied on this string). But boy oh boy--Travis Peterson of Impact Campaigns sure seemed pleased to create and stir up this discontent, stating: 

"From Belle [sic] Ridge Forest neighborhood association.  Brooke's uncle lives there.  Bergosh is feeling the heat, and I think this is exactly how we want to be positioned right now-- as the honest

broker and "solution finder." ---------------- So what does that imply I am, Travis?

That sounds like a smear campaign to me, not an outreach effort.  Hard to believe this kind of a set up job was done to one member of this team's client under the guise of outreach.  We're paying them hundreds of thousands of dollars, with no guarantee of reimbursement from NFCU, to help us with community communications in order to create a fair and unbiased master plan ----- and this is the type of histrionics they are engaging in?  Trying to undermine commissioners?

Sad, yet another recent, disappointing example of this consultant, DPZ Co-Design, working behind the scenes against their client, the BCC.  

Unprofessional, and uncalled for.

No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1