Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Saturday, September 17, 2022

Huge Win for District 1 and West Escambia Residents with the Grand Opening of the Bellview Library!

Bellview Library grand opening and ribbon cutting event--9-16-2022

Yesterday was a great day.  One of those days when everyone is happy, the atmosphere is festive, and the event is a massive, positive win for a community!  That's what the day felt like as we celebrated--- with over 300 residents, students, elected officials, Escambia County Public Schools personnel, Escambia County personnel, and various media outlets---the grand opening and ribbon cutting of District 1's first public library in Bellview.

Bellview Library grand opening and ribbon cutting event--9-16-2022

The Bellview Library, at a little over 12,000 sf, is a striking facility visually.  As I said during my brief remarks prior to the ribbon cutting--some will like the design and color scheme--others won't.  I can tell you this though:  The folks on hand, particularly the senior citizens and the students, were extremely impressed with the way the library came together and thrilled to have a new location for  books, media, internet access, and a meeting space all together under one roof in a clean, modern, and safe west side facility. 

So many people worked so hard to make this day possible--and I tried my best to recognize all of them that were present.  I thanked the assembled citizens as I told them one simple fact:  It is THEIR library, they paid for it with their tax dollars.

All media outlets were present and covered this groundbreaking--which I appreciated.  I'm also greatly appreciative of WEAR channel 3 for running multiple stories about the grand opening prior to yesterday, which I believe combined with CMR's efforts within the county drove the massive turnout.  At one point, I was even told we had exceeded fire code capacity!

See the media coverage here, here, here, and here.

I look forward to all the ways this facility will improve the community by imparting knowledge to the citizens, youth, and students of the west side of the county.  Making communities better requires local governments to provide great amenities and infrastructure.  As the neighborhoods and communities accumulate such amenities (both publicly and privately funded)--such neighborhoods and communities improve.  And as the communities go---so goes the local public schools.

So I anticipate this facility will help our students, families and schools in this area.  That is my optimistic outlook.  

Yes, it was a great day yesterday.  The first of many more to come.  😀  See additional photos of yesterday's event, below.






SEE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS BY CLICKING "READ MORE" BELOW









4 comments:

Melissa Pino said...

This is SUCH a huge win for not just the people of your district but the whole County :0 :) :)
Makes me so happy to see it!

How anybody could have ever complained with the absurd notion that a library wasn't needed in a district that didn't have one is beyond me..I'd literally never heard someone complain about money being wasted on a library in my entire life. Think it's pretty obvious from the photos what a fantastic thing this is :) :)

Congratulations!! Beautiful weather to celebrate a beautiful new facility!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Well done.

Anonymous said...

I hope people will appreciate this.

When I was young,I won a contest for checking out he most books from the local library and later when those standardized test came out when I was in 9th grade, they made a big deal because I scored highest out of the entire school at 12th grade 9 month level but in the 9th grade.

I raised a child who could read at a 2nd grade level at 4 years old and scored 155 IQ at age 7. He scored as a 1st year college student when he was in 7th grade.

There really is no excuse for these schools around here to be failing.

Parents start singing the ABCs when they are still in the womb, flash cards when a toddler, snuggle up with books on cool nights.

Check them out at the library.

Good job seeing this through Commissioner Bergosh.


Tom Jardine said...

Congratulations on the new Bellview Library, Jeff.

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1