Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Thursday, October 20, 2022

Run of the Show/Agenda for This Tuesday's District 1 Town Hall in Perdido

 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya gonna start off singing Karaoke?

Seems our new D2 Karaoke Kohler is starting his first neighbor meet off that way.

Never a dull moment. Wonder if he'll have the hat and yellow tulips. Cane and tap shoes.

Silent Steve
Brawling Bergosh
Minority May
Rambling Robert
Karaoke Kohler..Bye To Dildo Doug.


Anonymous said...

Actually that's well organized.

Alice Hurst Neal said...

Those "agree/disagree" cards are very deceptive.

Jeff Bergosh said...

4:44--Not going to say I have never sung Karaoke---but that's not on the agenda for Tuesday's meeting. Not that kind of a "get-together" at all. There is a time and a place for everything and Tuesday night is not the time for Karaoke, LOL. Nope, that meeting will be informative, interactive, transparent, and organized. And Alice Hurst Neal---the comment card portion of the agenda is purely voluntary. Yes, I cannot get deep into the weeds on super complicated questions, but what is so deceptive (your word) about asking a large group this question: "I believe what I read in the Pensacola News Journal, I believe the PNJ's coverage is balanced, fair, and unbiased" to which I see a see of RED DISAGREE cards. No, it is incredibly informative for me, staff, AND the audience that is present. Not entirely scientific, but not deceptive either. Informative is the better adjective I'd use.

Alice Hurst Neal said...

Perhaps "deceptive" is a bit accusatory. How about subjective? I found several of the questions from the January town hall to be vague and subjective. I spoke with a few people that were in attendance that had no idea what the PKMP was but they held up "agree" because they saw others doing it. Also, when you asked about pursuing economic development (agree/disagree), those same people didn't realize that you were talking about corporate welfare (EDATE). Of course they agree that Escambia County needs more/better jobs but not at the expense of taxpayers.

Is the PNJ's coverage fair and balanced? I don't think anyone would agree with that. lol

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1