Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Wednesday, February 16, 2022

District 1 Townhall Meeting this Tuesday in Beulah



We will have a District 1 Townhall event this coming Tuesday, February 22nd in Beulah.

Like the one we had a couple of weeks back in Perdido/Innerarity--I anticipate this one will be well-attended.  As was the case in the previous Townhall in January, I will have a sizable contingent of County staff on hand to assist me in answering every question put forward by citizens that night.  And any answers we cannot give immediately, we will follow up via email or telephone to provide the answers.  See the agenda for this townhall here, below.



2 comments:

Alice Hurst Neal said...

Due to Covid, my husband and I were unable to attend the Perdido Town Hall but I have spoken with several of my neighbors that did attend, and like me, they think the "agree/disagree" cards are deceptive. Some of the questions at the Perdido Town were pretty vague, leaving a lot to interpretation by the audience. My husband and I watched the meeting on Youtube and at least 3 times we initially said "agree" or "disagree" but after dissecting the question a little further, we changed our answer.

I don't expect this will change the way you present your questions, I just wanted to share my thoughts on it.

Anonymous said...

It seemed to me that anonymous letter from an employee about conditions at the jail may have been written by Underhill and crew like they did trying to get the sole source Rescue one training and for political reasons even though he is on the board yet tries to cast blame on his own board. SOP.,They use the term *emergent instead of *urgent. A pattern in linguistic observation 🤔 I do think there are problems but to release it to ECW and WEARTV just seems suspicious. That may come up at a meeting soon, but it may come up at a town hall also.

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1