Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Monday, June 20, 2022

On Real News with Rick Outzen this Morning at 7:10 AM

I was invited to appear on the area's #1 Morning Drive News/Talk program--"Real News with Rick Outzen on 1370 WCOA.  Hear the podcast in this post.

 I was invited to participate on the Pensacola area's best and highest rated morning drive news program, 1370 WCOA's "Real News with Rick Outzen," and I just completed my interview on the show.

(I am fortunate to have the day off of work, in observance of the nation's Juneteenth holiday.)

Host Rick Outzen asked that I come on the show to recap last Thursday's BCC meeting--and we discussed the highlights from last week's meeting, including: the board's decision on the best way forward for fire funding, Florida West's Triumph Gulf Coast ask to fund 122 new area jobs at average salaries in the mid 50K yearly range, the Beulah Master plan, EMS's $12.2 Million tech-refresh contract with Stryker Sales, and the potential to create a full-service health clinic at Pine Forest High School in conjunction with Community Health Northwest (similar to what was done at C.A. Weis Elementary School), as well as the county's coup in realizing nearly a $1 Million Dollar profit while purchasing 18 new dump trucks.

It was a good conversation, very informative.  I appreciate Rick having me on the show.

Once the podcast is published, I will link it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How’s ol’ Wes doing on obtaining $ from the infrastructure bill for the broadband strategy instead of using ARP funds?

Anonymous said...

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/rick9662/episodes/2022-06-20T12_35_11-07_00

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1