Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Friday, January 14, 2022

Two Town Halls Upcoming in District 1

I look forward to hosting  two town halls in the first two months of 2022---one in Perdido/Innerarity and one in Beulah.

As I recently said I would do, I have now scheduled two town halls for the first two months of 2022.

With a lot of changes to the county's district lines as a result of our once-per-decade redistricting process having been completed--I thought it imperative to schedule these so that I can hear input directly from the constituents of the newly formed District 1 as soon as possible.

On Monday, January 31st we will have our first of these two town halls in the Perdido Area of District 1, at the Perdido Bay United Methodist Church, 13660 Innerarity Point Road.  It will be scheduled from 5:30-7:00 PM.  I will have staff with me, and I will also have my District 1 peer elected representatives from ECUA and the School Board as well--and they will have the opportunity to give remarks at the meeting.  Primarily, I want to have staff give updates and I want to hear from residents.  What are their concerns, priorities, and observations.  I will have a list of questions for which I will elicit simple responses from the audience utilizing "agree" and "disagee" placards--and comment cards will be distributed and collected so that the maximum number of questions/comments/concerns can be taken in by myself and staff.

On Tuesday, February 22nd, we will have our second of these two town halls--this one in Beulah at Beulah Middle School, 6001 West 9-Mile Road.  It will also be scheduled from 5:30-7:00 PM.  Again, I will have staff and my counterparts from ECUA and the School Board at this meeting as well.  We will utilize the same format and we will have an agenda for the meeting.

I look forward to hearing from the constituents and continuing our momentum in District 1 at completing big projects for the citizens.

No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1