Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Saturday, March 28, 2020

Panic Buying Continues in Escambia County......



This morning as the doors opened for business at the Wal Mart on 9-Mile Road and Pine Forest Road--there was not one roll of toilet paper on the racks.  None.  


Here's what's crazy.  I posted these pictures from the Wal Mart paper-goods section that I took at 0700 today.  I was there at opening time to get my weekly shopping done early.  And yes, I was compliant and waited in the line like all the others this morning---(a number of folks in line were wearing masks and gloves.)

When I got to the paper products area---it was barren.

Bare bones, empty shelves.  Nothing on the rack.

A friend had shopped at the same store just last night and commented on my Facebook post.

FACEBOOK FRIEND: "Is that the Walmart at pine forest & 9mile?" "I ask, because we were there at 7:30 last night and they were completely restocked."

ME:  Yes

FACEBOOK FRIEND: wow! That’s insane. I thought we had entered ‘the calm after the storm ‘ last night as I truly saw no empty spaces. The shelves were beautiful, like a rainbow. Colors everywhere! As if nothing was wrong in the world. I sit here still in shock and a bit confused. Waiting for a bit of normalcy to return.

But with this store closing early--at 8:00PM daily--how could all that toilet paper be gone in 30 minutes?!?  Who is hoarding the TP and paper towels?

UPDATE 2:00 PM

I've also looked at multiple other 9-mile road stores, to include Target, Winn Dixie, Family Dollar, and Publix.  No toilet paper at any of these stores.

What the heck is going on with the toilet paper hoarding?!?

Publix--totally out

Target--no TP

No TP at Target

Winn Dixie--zero TP on the racks.......







No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1