Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Tuesday, March 31, 2020

What is the Current State of "Ventilator" Availability in Escambia County's Hospitals? 83% are Available...

To solve ventilator shortage, U.K. government is turning to ...




13  days ago at our last Board of County Commissioners' meeting- I asked the CEO's of the area's three Hospitals for the total numbers of ventilators possessed locally, and the numbers utilized and the numbers vacant.

These are numbers I want to see reported to the county's Emergency Operations Center daily.  This would be useful information for the citizens to know.

Why?

To me, this will be the earliest indicator of a significant problem locally the likes of which we are seeing in New York, New Orleans, New Jersey and Washington State.  This number, the number utilized as a percentage of the total available, will be our area's "canary in the coal mine" early warning system.

So I have requested and I will continue to push for this metric to be provided daily and placed on our daily SITREP.  I'll report that here as well.

Just today, I received a current report--updated since my blog post of Saturday.

Here's our current status:


"Here are the number of ventilators at the hospitals:
Total Number  - 227
Total Available – 188
Total In-use - 39"

NOTE:  Sacred Heart Hospital has reported an increased total number of ventilators available today as compared to last week---thus the increase today of total number of ventilators since my first post on this topic Saturday.

No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1