Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Monday, February 1, 2021

Correspondence from our Postmaster General Received

I heard from the current acting postmaster for Pensacola.  He addressed the idea 
of a new branch in Beulah as well as the delivery miscues we have all 
been experiencing out here in an email back to my office.

I have been hearing about the frustration of mail delivery issues/miscues in Beulah for many years.  I've lived the issue off and on since 2004 as a Beulah resident.

And the issue has become acute recently and through the holidays.

So my office began attempting to secure a sit-down, face to face meeting with the postmaster general of the Pensacola area for the last several weeks.

I wanted to discuss the issues with delivery in Beulah, and also the concept of potentially bringing a USPS branch office out here to this fastest-growing part of town--perhaps even locating a branch on the OLF-8 field. 

We just received word back from their office. Although he doesn't call the shots on new branch locations--he did pass the request on up through his chain of command.  There has been turnover at the top spot locally, and the new acting postmaster sent me the following with respect to the delivery issues and the idea of a new branch in Beulah:

"Commissioner Jeff Bergosh,

 

Thank you for contacting our office.  My name is Joe Blendowski and I am the current acting Postmaster here in Pensacola.  I just arrived here two weeks ago and understand that there has been a number of delivery issues that have been reported.  I was told that these concerns have been addressed personally by the former PM.  We are constantly striving to improve service to our customers, and contact such as yours assists us in identifying problem areas.  Certainly, the service reported is not indicative of the level of service we wish to provide.  One of the ways that will improve service to our customers is adjusting delivery routes that receive larger volumes of mail.  I understand that the community has experienced tremendous growth and with that growth we have experienced growing pains.  Finalizing this process of adjusting routes will take additional time.  Once the adjustments are complete, mail volumes will be shared with additional personnel and additional delivery routes. 

 

A request to establish an additional facility in a growing community is not determined at my level or the district level.    Your request will be shared with postal facilities for action as they deem appropriate. 

 

While we are generally very proud of the manner in which the mail is processed, it is disappointing to recognize and accept that sometimes, no matter how hard we try, errors and delays will occasionally occur.  I am glad to report that improvements in delivery are being made daily.  Moving forward, any new customer reports of mail delivery issues may be shared with me or a member of my team.  We commit to provide individual responses and strive for satisfactory resolutions.

 

I trust you find this helpful and will continue to strive for better mail delivery service in the Beulah area of Pensacola.   

 

Sincerely,

               Joseph P. Blendowski

               Officer in Charge Pensacola"


No comments:

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1