Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Wednesday, February 3, 2021

I've Been Invited to Speak at an OLF-8 Community Meeting at Nature Trail This Tuesday at 4:30

I'll be speaking with the Nature Trail Homeowner's Association this coming Tuesday.  The topic: OLF-8


There have been lots of emails flying around about OLF-8.
What folks think, what they are being told, what they want, what they don't want, and everything in between.

The largest single common denominator that I have seen is that the lion's share of these emails are coming from the largest subdivision in Beulah, Nature Trail.

This is also the subdivision that is right across the street from Navy Federal Credit Union and the OLF-8 property.

So, at an unrelated meeting I attended yesterday I happened to see the current Nature Trail HOA president, Karen Sindel.  I spoke with her about the latest happenings as it pertains to Nature Trail and the OLF-8 development;  I asked if I could get time to come and speak, in person, to the residents of Nature Trail.

She graciously obliged, stating that there was a standing meeting of the HOA next week, February 9th, at 5:00PM and that I could speak to the group 30 minutes prior, starting at 4:30.

So I'll be there at 4:30 next week.

Looking forward to clearing up some of the misinformation that is circulating.  I'm also looking forward to some honest, one on one discussions with folks to hear their concerns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4:30 on a weekday. I'm sure everyone will be able to attend.

Jeff Bergosh said...

They initially told me 5:30--then they said I could speak at 4:30. They set the time, I'll be there. If it is later, I can be there. If they are interested in coming to discuss it--I'll have no problem staying to the end. A funny thing happens when I actually get to talk to someone about this issue and give the pertinent facts, history, and financial implications in addition to my feeling that we don't need more housing: folks are a lot less apprehensive about it all after. It's these misinformation chain emails and some keyboard warriors causing this ruckus.....

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1