Guidelines

I am one member of a five person board. The opinions I express on this forum are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Escambia County Staff, Administrators, Employees, or anyone else associated with Escambia County Florida. I am interested in establishing this blog as a means of additional transparency to the public, outreach to the community, and information dissemination to all who choose to look. Feedback is welcome, but because public participation is equally encouraged, appropriate language and decorum is mandatory. Although this is not my campaign site for re-election--sometimes campaign related information will be discussed, therefore in an abundance of caution I add the following : Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican, for Escambia County Commissioner District 1








Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Land Use/Zoning 101--Video Has Been Completed

 

                                  The Zoning 101 Video, above, was produced in-house by county staff

                                             

As I campaigned for and won my seat on the commission last fall--one of the many things I pledged to do was to help the average citizen understand two very contentious processes that the county manages.

Code Enforcement was one

and Zoning/Land Use Regulations was the second one.

Because, as I discussed in my campaign platform, NEXT4ESCAMBIA, these two issues are ones that create about 90% of the consternation among citizens that I serve.

Heated phone calls, angry emails, and lots of frustration--often due to a lack of complete understanding of these processes.

So with this video, Zoning 101, that has now been completed and some follow-on tweaking to describe zoning designations and what they mean along with the Code Enforcement 101 video that is coming---2/3 of my "Big Ideas" from NEXT4ESCAMBIA will have been realized.  (The open salary database for all county employees-"Big-Idea number 3" from my plan was activated last October and is live right now, here.  Big Idea #1--districtwide elections for commissioners OR addition of two at-large commission seats---is coming for discussion between and among board members in March.)

I thanked the staff profusely for the efforts they put into creating this video.  Now, we just need to disseminate it and feature it as prominently as we can on our website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, You are the best commissioner on the board.

Political Advertisement Paid For and Approved by Jeff Bergosh, Republican for Escambia Commission D1